What You Need & How to Make Your Own Toothpaste!
Do you consider the toothpastes in stores not as good for your teeth? Or are you just a super health enthusiast? Well if you read a TON of books and medical literature, you’ll consider making your own toothpaste. Most toothpastes include these ingredients that aren’t good for your teeth.
Sweetener: an ingredient used for flavour is controversial. Fluoride: the most controversial toothpaste ingredient. Triclosan: A chemical used in antibacterial soaps and products. Glycerin: Another controversial ingredient, when used your teeth start to discolour. Many types of toothpaste also contain artificial colors. We know this matter is also not good in food.
So what are the ingredients in order to make your own toothpaste?
Natural Toothpaste Ingredients
Natural Toothpaste Instructions
- About 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 small packets of stevia powder
- 15-20 drops of peppermint or cinnamon essential oil
- 10 drops myrrh extract (optional)
- 1 . Faintly soften coconut oil.
- 2 . Mix in other ingredients and stir well.
- 3 . Put mixture into small glass jar
- 4 . Let it cool.
- 5 . To use: dip toothbrush in and scrape small amount onto teeth.
At the end of it all, and what people are probably wondering. Does everyone brush their teeth? Sun Valley Pediatric Dentistry breaks it down for us.
Teeth Brushing Statistics Data
- Percent of men who brush their teeth as soon as they finish dinner 20.5 %
- Percent of women who brush their teeth two times a day 56.8 %
- Percent of men who brush their teeth two times a day 49 %
- Percent of women who have a dentist 89.2 %